WWE legend Tammy Sytch jailed for 17 years over car crash which killed 75-year-old

  



    Tammy Sytch has been given a 17-year jail sentence following her involvement in a car accident which saw a 75-year-old man killed.

The 50-year-old former wrestler has been dealt her sentence following a crash back in March 2022. Sytch, driving a Sedan at the time, crashed into a vehicle being driven by Julian Lasseter - who had stopped at a red light near Ormond Beach, Florida. Police have reported the ex-WWE wrestler had a blood alcohol level of almost three times the legal limit after being taken to hospital following the incident.

Sytch learned of her fate inside a Volusia County courtroom three months after she pleaded no contest to several charges against her - including a count of DUI causing death. Speaking at her hearing, Sytch said she wanted to be a doctor growing up, saying: "The first line of the Hippocratic oath reads 'I will do no harm', on March 25th, 2022, I did the opposite of that. I did harm to someone else and my entire being was crushed."

"I have done something horrible, but I am so much more than the worst that I have done," she added. "I try to think about the good I've done. Because when I sit alone thinking about what I did to the Lasseter family that tragic day, from a stupid decision, I feel the regret and remorse deep inside my soul. I know that they don't get to rest knowing that he's gone."


 Her 17-year sentence includes being required to serve eight years of probation and sees her driver's license permanently revoked. Sytch's last WWE appearance came back in 2011 where she was a special guest at a show at Madison Square Garden. She was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame that same year.

Comments